COBIT is an integrated Governance, Management and Operational process model comprising principles and enablers for processing information lawfully.
Few organisations have the experience and knowledge to effectively and efficiently plan a POPI programme. The COBIT 5 is an internationally recognised framework for the governance and management of information and related technology that can be used for the lawful processing of personal information.
This 2 day course assists attendees understand how the COBIT 5 enablers can be used to effectively and efficiently plan, organise, direct and control a POPI programme using the COBIT 5 framework. The seven COBIT 5 enablers can enhance the maturity, capability and performance of the protection of personal information within an organisation.
The COBIT 5 principles and enablers provide a set of common dimensions and structured approach to effectively address the conditions for lawfully processing personal information and allows organisations to manage a set of complex interactions between the enablers and successfully implement the technical, organisational, and operational measures that enable the protection of personal information.
Participants will gain an understanding of what should constitute a POPI programme, and how to plan, organise, direct and control the various activities necessary to implement the relevant COBIT 5 principles and enablers. This course will assist participants:
- Articulate the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act
- Understanding how the conditions for the lawful processing of personal information an be addressed using the COBIT 5 framework
- Use COBIT5 to determine the roles and responsibilities that responsible parties need to define.
- Identify the activities that will be necessary and understand who the COBIT 5 framework should be used for the Protection of Personal Information.
- Identify the effort required to meet the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act.
Participants will learn through discussion and practical examples how to adapt and use the COBIT 5 principles and enablers to address the business’ requirements for the protection of personal information.
This seminar includes topics about:
- Overview of the requirements for the lawful processing of personal informaiton
- overview of the COBIT 5 Principles and Enablers
- The COBIT 5 Governance, management, and operational processes and their importance for the processing personal information lawfully
- Clarifying stakeholders and their respective needs relating to the lawful processing of personal information
- Implementing the COBIT 5 Principles to improve the protection of personal information
- Evaluating the COBIt 5 Enablers and the impact on the lawful processing of personal information
- Establishing a POPI programme and using the COBIT 5 framework to identify and plan the work packages required
- Applying the COBIT 5 Implementation methodology for the POPI programme
- Mapping the conditions for lawful processing of personal information to the ISACA principles for privacy
- Identifying the COBIT 5 practices appropriate for the lawful processing of personal information
- Assigning responsibilities to the appropriate organisational functions
- Measuring, monitoring, and evaluating the POPI programme
- Using COBIT 5 to continuously improve the POPI programme.